Photography
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Photography

live shots & reports

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache Runner
Voir le deal
69.99 €

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019

AuteurMessage
LizaSteele
Admin
LizaSteele

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Empty
MessageSujet: LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019   LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 I_icon_minitimeJeu 15 Aoû - 18:14

The Party San Festival on the airfield of Schlotheim, Thuringia, Germany has become for many extreme metal-heads from all over the world the absolute highlight of the year. Through time it has become an insider favorite and when visiting it for the first time, everybody knows why. The atmosphere is familiar, much know each-other from past visits and no one cares where you are from or the color of your skin. So one will meet brothers and sisters from every continent. There is plenty of space with probably a maximum of around 10.000 attendants or more. One has not to stand in endless queues for a drink, food or a toilet. There’s enough bars, food-stands and hygienic facilities as there are interesting small stands with metal gear or records/cd’s in case you wanna wander around a bit.
And with two stages it is very oversee-able. In other words, you don’t have to miss a single band.
The prices are very fair. The organization are metal-heads themselves and they have no intention of making this festival a money-machine against all costs.
Even the security are friendly folks. Never have I seen an act of violence on Party San. Not from visitors, nor from security.
What also must be mentioned is the friendly people of the region, everybody seems helpful and hospital.
So these are all factors that make Party San so special. And then every year the bill has its surprises. Extreme metal with a wide range of variety from all over the planet. Only don’t expect commercial stuff like Sabaton here. It’s metal for true metal-heads, not for children.
Once you visited Party San, it will always have this special place in your iron heart.

Midnight

A little later on the area due to traffic difficulties we just arrived to watch Midnight. Fortunately, because this band delivered an infectious brand of metal/punk and rock n roll. Perfect for the first drink and a great atmosphere. What can I say? If you dig an act that knows how to raise hell, then check Midnight out. Loved it!

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_1822

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2824

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_1823

Krisiun

More serious technical brutal death metal matters now. The oldest of that genre from Brazil that gained a wide and strong international following. I’ve seen Krisiun many times and they never disappoint. One of the few dedicated three-pieces around playing all over the globe. Always accurate and in for the kill. They could easily be the definition for their style of metal. What you see is what you get.

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2825

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_1824

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2826

Arkona

Hmm, first I thought this was more something for listeners of Within Temptation or Epica, so I was about to make my way to the bar for another beer. So that said, indeed, I don’t think the average Party san visitor would put Arkona quickly one her or his record player. What kept me observing this was the performance of the front-woman which was truly remarkable. In a way of entertaining I mean. I think she trained every move she made. That kept Arkona interesting. For the rest, maybe your mom may listen to this. Which would still be better than the average radio crap…

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_1940

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_1942

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_1941

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2827

Necrovault

So that gave us some time to see Necrovault. Apparently another young promising German old school styled death metal band. And so they were I must honestly say. Lots of “heard before’’ influences, but played decently and well served. I definitely have to hear more of this bunch.

Night Demon

Ah yes, what I missed until now was a healthy dose of plain heavy metal and Night Demon was just the band to present that. Truly a talented group and a great performance. And, certain facts like this must also be mentioned in a report, I think they may have had the best sound of the whole day, if not the whole fest. They really got the crowd going and everybody seemed pleased after. That says enough I guess.

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2828

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_1943

Rotting Christ

It is amazing how certain acts change over the years but are still capable to keep their old fans and convince new ones. Rotting Christ is one of them. From the early material to the latest tracks that saw the light, they crushed everything on their path on this 2019 edition of Party San. Banging heads, throwing fists, moshing, slamming and even dancing girls could be seen. It was simply one big metal gathering. And if you achieve that as a band, then you deserve the deepest respect. Absolutely one of the highlights. Superb!

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2936

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2935

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2039

Mgla

Unfortunately for Mgla, the rain came pouring down when they started. Still many people defied the bad weather conditions to see them. So nothing but praise for those. However their black metal is always been played with an eager anger, I always found their stage act too static for a band with their present status. Watching a few guys wearing  masks does look mystical and contains a certain amount of secrecy on pictures, but live, there is no expression at all. So I don’t see the point of them performing in the first place. Nothing happens and there’s nothing to be seen. You may as well stay at home and listen to their albums looking at the pictures. And that way, you don’t get soaked…

Thanatos

Never understood why Thanatos had to play the tent stage and only 30 minutes. Not that they gave a fuck. After the usual initial electrical problems they raged like berserkers. Being 35 years part of the scene  it was quite astonishing how Thanatos showed many of the youngsters how shit is truly done.
Even the oldest songs sounded better here than on the records. And the sound was bloody bone-grinding! Too bad it was the last time we could see them with bass-beast Marco. It will be a great loss for them. But he can be very satisfied with this excellent gig.

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2141

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2142

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2213

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2143

Deicide

I was curious if I was finally able to see an inspiring Glen Benton with Deicide. But no, like all previous times I had to watch them, he stood there finishing  things off like he was only there  to fill his pockets. No passion, no drive, just boredom.
And I will never go and see Deicide again. I’ve had enough. Farewell, Leb wohl, Adieu, Adios.

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2214

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2215

Testament

When Testament started I had a similar feeling as I had with Deicide, but perhaps today Testament were just starting slow. During their set they seemed to warm up and before we all knew it, it turned into a damn blast! Amazing how Chuck Billy can still play the audiences and enjoy himself. An old school thrash celebration. But then, who has the luxury to end shows with neck-breakers like  Into The Pit or Over The Wall? We’ve heard them many times and seen them many times, but like this it will always be a fantastic happening! Argh! We could not ask for a better climax of the Friday!

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2218

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2217

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2216

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://www.facebook.com/LizaAndreeLolagnie

LIVE REPORT DAY TWO PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019
Page 1 sur 1