Photography
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Photography

live shots & reports

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019

AuteurMessage
LizaSteele
Admin
LizaSteele

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Empty
MessageSujet: LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019   LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 I_icon_minitimeJeu 15 Aoû - 18:13

The Party San Festival on the airfield of Schlotheim, Thuringia, Germany has become for many extreme metal-heads from all over the world the absolute highlight of the year. Through time it has become an insider favorite and when visiting it for the first time, everybody knows why. The atmosphere is familiar, much know each-other from past visits and no one cares where you are from or the color of your skin. So one will meet brothers and sisters from every continent. There is plenty of space with probably a maximum of around 10.000 attendants or more. One has not to stand in endless queues for a drink, food or a toilet. There’s enough bars, food-stands and hygienic facilities as there are interesting small stands with metal gear or records/cd’s in case you wanna wander around a bit.
And with two stages it is very oversee-able. In other words, you don’t have to miss a single band.
The prices are very fair. The organization are metal-heads themselves and they have no intention of making this festival a money-machine against all costs.
Even the security are friendly folks. Never have I seen an act of violence on Party San. Not from visitors, nor from security.
What also must be mentioned is the friendly people of the region, everybody seems helpful and hospital.
So these are all factors that make Party San so special. And then every year the bill has its surprises. Extreme metal with a wide range of variety from all over the planet. Only don’t expect commercial stuff like Sabaton here. It’s metal for true metal-heads, not for children.
Once you visited Party San, it will always have this special place in your iron heart.

Svartidaudi

Early on the Saturday we entered the area too late to catch Vulvodynia, as Svartidaudi was already playing. For that time of day, much respect because this band showed a lot of aggression and eagerness. Music-wise it came closest to Impaled Nazarene in my opinion and where most black metal singers produce a scratch like jackdaws, this guy was more a mix of harsh punk and death metal, brought with savage fury. Compliments for this. After all, metal was always meant to be angry and rebellious music.

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2327

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2325

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2326

Jungle Rot

When Svartidaudi was already a destructive wake up call, Jungle Rot turned out to be the revelation of this years’ Party San! Hitting the stage with enormous enthusiasm and passion they worked very infectious and before one knew it, a massive crowd gathered because we all felt something special was happening here. The band themselves probably didn’t even expect a turn-out like this and they gave it all they got. And with success! With their unusual very groovy fusion of death/doom/sludge and hardcore a la Pro-Pain they won the sympathy of the audience easily for them. They can be proud of themselves and I’m sure many will find their records after this stunning performance.

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2938

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2939

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2328

Suicidal Angels

Around for several years now Suicidal Angels from Greece is an established old school thrash metal factor to always reckon with. From beginning to end they went high speed through their set leaving no-one to catch breath. Guitarist/vocalist Nick a very experienced front-man nowadays of whom one can notice he has several tours behind him. A never emptying source of energy electrifying the large crowd.
Very curious on how their last album will sound like, which will probably be out by now, or in a few weeks. A must for thrashers!

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2942

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2941

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2940

Vomitory

Oh my, after all bands above, one could not think Vomitory would ram their death metal down your throat the way they did. Uff! As Germans say: Fettes brett! And that’s precisely the case here. When one thinks of Swedish old school death metal; the ones mentioned are usually Entombed, Unleashed, Grave or Dismember. It’s about time deathsters give Vomitory more credits. A relentless example of pure death metal the ancient way. In one word; brute!

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc2943

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2413

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2412

Satan

I guess a Monty Python quote will suit here fine by saying: ‘And now, something completely different; Satan’. I’m sure with no doubt the oldest band this year. Imagine that these men could be the grandfathers of lots of young metal-heads amongst the attendants. And then you will come to the conclusion they deserve deep respect, being somewhere in their 60-ies and still going the way they do. Do I need to say what NWOBHM means? ‘Caught In The Act’ ? That album? How influential they were too so many, many bands that came after them? What else to expect than this high class show of heavy fucken metal. Queen Elizabeth should Knight them all for loyal duties. Sirs Satan.

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc3029

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2415

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2414

Immolation

This Saturday never seemed to end following one great act after the other. Immolation from New York ready to slay with their inimitable technical death metal. Do they really exist since 30 years? Then Immolation is another example that metal does keep us all young. Guitarist Bob so unique in his movements and for sure the only one to show you can present a gripping performance without having long hair. Of which bassist/growler Ross has enough of course..  Immolation never fails their dedicated fans. And once again they made the undead rise from their graves.

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2522

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc3030

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2416

Destruction

Hey, they are a 4 piece now? Was my first reaction when Destruction fastened their seat-belts and hit the pedal to the metal. Yup, they are. And a wise decision because now guitarist Mike doesn’t have to carry everything and especially in lead parts it sounds more full. Whenever you see and hear Destruction, they blow you off your feet. Being the initiators of German thrash hammering  down classics like Mad Butcher, Life without Sense and much more  flow into your body like fresh high oxygen-containing blood. Schmier feeding the hungry crowd like only he can. Once again another top notch gig of Destruction. Hands down!

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc3031

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc3032

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2619

Naglfar

With my body aching still of the incredible ace quality metal that brought this day so far it was Naglfar’s turn to torment the PSOA. I’m sure they tried hard, but they just had an ungrateful job after all the torture we had been through. Supposedly bringing black/death metal they could not really convince. Maybe also because their vocalist does not truly have a great organ. But those who were watching Naglfar seemed to be satisfied. And so mission accomplished.

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc3119

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc3120

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 _dsc3121

Legion of the Damned

Another thrash metal squad this day, from The Netherlands; Legion of the Damned. Now LotD knows exactly how to play, compose and perform catchy old school thrash and you’ll get thrown in a time machine back to the early 80ies. Many in my surrounding keep on complaining that Legion is not original and so on. Who gives a shit and who’s original these days with 1000’s of metal-bands on this planet?
A metal show is all about forgetting your worries, having a good time and not to think, drinking beers, banging your head and scream along with the band. And Legion of the Damned is an excellent band to do just that with. They were awesome, clearly enjoying themselves, striving for perfection. Bang that head that doesn’t bang!

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2712

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2711

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2710

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2713

Solstafir

This is a rough one for me because I never have been that much into Solstafir. And the way they play now on records is maybe not that suitable for a festival like Party San. The start was promising and even I liked what I heard. But then they turned into slow tracks and at that hour of day I needed something more energetic. One cannot deny though that sound and lights were formidable and if you are into this atmospheric doomy/blackened/psychedelic kind of metal Solstafir are the perfect band to witness. Their followers will without a doubt say they did a marvelous show. And that cannot be denied.

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2810

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2714

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2715

Bloodbath

Which brings us to the last act of PSOA 2019. Bloodbath. Now fronted by Nick Holmes, the singer of Paradise Lost. Bloodbath as always been presented as some kind of death metal super-group, but I can’t really tell why. Even though the guys truly play tight, the names and tracks do not speak for themselves.
Holmes’ voice and performance just do not bring what you expect from a death metal act. A little tame. And with other musicians coming from Katatonia, I would say; shoemaker, stick to your shoe-tree. Leave death metal up to those who live it and have it in their guts. Don’t get me wrong, they weren’t bad, but they weren’t exactly a worthy end of the festival either. It should have been a highlight and Bloodbath clearly was not.

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2813

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2811

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2812

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2815

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2816

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019 Dsc_2814

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://www.facebook.com/LizaAndreeLolagnie

LIVE REPORT DAY THREE PARTY SAN OPEN AIR SCHLOTHEIM 8-10.08.2019
Page 1 sur 1